Join The Monthly Call For Life: My Story

Monday, September 12, 2005

My Story

When I was in high school something happened to me that would change my life forever. Well, there were a bunch of dramatic things, but there was one in particular which brings me to where I am and what I do today.

To date myself, I am talking about something that happened in 1978. I'm bringing this up because a great number of people angrily demand why I, a man, should have the right to tell a woman she can't exercise her legal "choice" and have an abortion. First and foremost I always say I have just as much a right to say something about women killing their children as a woman would. The issue itself is not personal, it is moral. More than that, it is one of those things which separate us from the animals.

I had heard of women having abortions, but to me it was this dark thing that only bad girls did. I knew one girl who had one and it was the saddest thing afterwards. I knew that she knew what she had done and she had dark eyes and was depressed a lot after that.

When I was 17 my girlfriend told me she was pregnant. We had been dating for about a year & I think the possibility of her becoming pregnant was sort of expected since neither of us liked birth control of any kind. I wasn't mad or sad though. I was elated! We both were.

It never crossed my mind that my girlfriend would have an abortion. She was happy, I was happy and we had a lot of happy times together.

Over the weekend she went home to her house & I celebrated with my friends. I handed out cigars and was telling my buds "I'm having a baby!" Was I nervous? You betcha, but that was part of the whole experience.

On Monday I found out her parents forced her into having an abortion. My happiness turned to total despair. I couldn't believe it! "How can people do this kind of thing?" I thought. After that her parents were so angry at her they decided to move back to America ASAP & a short while later she was gone. The last few weeks she was there we hung out and tried to deal with what had happened to us and to our child. After she moved to America we never saw each other again. We wrote for a while but then she ran away from home and I never saw or heard from her again.

In answer to those who say I have no right to tell a woman what to do with her body, I have had a baby taken from me. Women don't have a right to kill their children and they don't have a right to kill the children of men and God.

As far as men go, they need to behave responsibly. When men find out a woman is pregnant they need to be loving, supportive and happy. Asking the woman "so what are you going to do" is childish and irresponsible. As I always say:

Sex = Baby

There is no surprise when it comes to that equation.

I currently have two other babies, one is now 7 and the other is 20, whom I love and cherish.

I also have a right to speak for women who are killed in the womb because they are not wanted for whatever reason.

I have the right to speak for women who kill their children because the government says it is legal. I know most will live a life of anguish and suffering, always knowing that they killed a child of theirs. I know. I have spoken with many women who have killed their children this way and they never forget. You can see it in their eyes and hear it in their voices.

I have a right to speak for the women who will become brainwashed into thinking abortion as birth control is normal. They teach their children, boys and girls, that murder is acceptable. This in turn distorts morality more and more.

It is not "my law" that I am trying to get passed. It is God's law. Remember? Thou shalt not kill.

I cannot speak for those who can "afford" to run to Canada for abortions. They will have to deal with their souls by themselves. At least if we outlaw the killing of our children in America, those people who couldn't get an abortion will know what it is they might have done when they have their gift of God in their hands.

Pregnancy is not a disease or an illness. You can't "catch" pregnancy like a cold. The choice is to have sex in the first place and accept responsibility for what sex brings us, not to kill our children.

People say that there are "poor, uneducated people stuck with having kids"? That's the excuse to kill human beings? Why stop with abortion? Why not post-delivery abort? You can stop poverty right there you know? Next you'll bring up "population control" or something like that.

My child who was killed might have been another daughter or a son, either way, she/he would be 27 about now. A lifetime of birthdays I'll never be able to celebrate, only morne.

Help stop abortion. Don't sit back another day and do nothing about the murder of 4,000 children a day in America. Join us at http://www.marchtogether.com/ in the Monthly Call for Life. It only takes 15 minutes a month. Even if you already are involved in a proLife movement of some kind, it is through our united efforts we will end abortion.

Pass it on
Technorati Profile